iPortable + Chameleon 2.0 RC4 r684 = Blue Screen

So yeah... no go on booting without the Kingston at the moment. However, I imagine that I'll be able to boot Windows from that now.

Unforunately, I don't know what versions they used (the creator(s) of iPortable, so it's hard to say what exactly isn't working. I did try to copy the boot file from one of the images, to see if that would be enough, but I got the same result.

Booting again from the iPortable USB and all is fine.

So, I have actually decided not to use all those "Ron's blog" kexts. Graphics is working wonderfully, with QE/CI/OpenGL, and I also already have networking. I have already been using file sharing and screen sharing, with no noticeable hiccups of any kind. So I have decided to only install VoodooHDA.kext, since I do still need a sound fix.

Furthermore, I'm going to try to install that kext to /E/E instead of /S/L/E, so as to try and keep the mods separate.

So I did that in terminal by copying the kext to /E/E using 'sudo cp -r' (the -r option means 'recursive', and this is needed here because Terminal can see that the kext is really just a folder.

Here I go!

0 comments: Post a Comment